Forum: Ruby on Rails Emails that get sent out on various site actions

I have a list of various "events" that emails should be sent out on.
Example: user registers with site, or a user takes a test.

And I want the admin user to be able to configure what email addresses
should receieve the emails that get sent out on the events.  Example:
joe@bob.com and jane@foo.com get an email when a user registers, and
jim@crack.com gets an email when a user takes a test.

Any advice?  My initial approach would be to create a table called
email_events:

id
key
email_addresses (comma-deliminated list of addresses)

And then, when a user registers, it looks up the 'User_Registration'
key in email_events and sends emails out to all the email addresses.

I haven't done much work with email handling in Rails, so I don't know
if there's a better way to integrate this with ActionMailer.

Thanks!
Joe
4710a8ada2adc162aaee4288d9879d8e?d=identicon&s=25 Gerard (Guest)
Joe,

I am a Ruby Newbie but have dealt with this matter before.

imho using (trigger or event) groups is rather easy. If an event gets
triggered al recipients in the group are mailed. Correctly normalized in
a db
this would result in at least two tables related with
"has_many_and_belongs_to".

Regards,

Gerard.

On Friday 23 December 2005 19:08, Joe Van Dyk tried to type something
like:
> Any advice?  My initial approach would be to create a table called
> if there's a better way to integrate this with ActionMailer.
>
> Thanks!
> Joe

"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!