Forum: Ruby on Rails I have add page layout but it is not working

1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
I am reading chapter 8 (section 8.4 iteration C2: Adding a page
layout.)`Agile Web Development with Rails`.

According to that section I changed application.html.erb file and
application.css.scss file.

After that when I open web page in local web server, web page is open
BUT changes not take place. Means web page is not display like "Catalog
with layout added.jpg"(Please find attached file) format.

I have attache Gemfile, application.html.erb and application.css.scss

Please find that file.

Should I use 'bootstrap-sass' gem to solve this problem?

How could I solve this problem?

Kind regards.
A47e0a6beeb9d048ff054fc1c3a97418?d=identicon&s=25 Walter Davis (walterdavis)
On Jun 17, 2014, at 5:21 AM, Jaimin Pandya wrote:

> I have attache Gemfile, application.html.erb and application.css.scss
> Attachments:

None of this is going to get close to the problem. If you are running
this in a "local Web server", does that mean you started Rails from the
command line with rails server in the working directory? If so, that
command line is now filled with all the messages sent by the server
application back to you. You should see an error, or not, in the log.
That will tell us where things are going wrong for you.

While it is good for you to show your work, please don't assume that
anyone is going to run your application locally to see the log.

F50d3b02eee623a2172b58c09fe31c2c?d=identicon&s=25 mike2r (Guest)
On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:22:23 AM UTC-4, User wrote:
> Attachments:
> --

I agree with Walter, a log would help. I can't see anything wrong with
you've given us.  One thing I will caution you on.  When you go through
tutorial such as the book you are using, make sure you are using the
version of Rails and other gems as the book is.  I say this because the
authors of that book are usually pretty quick to update the book and you
are using Rails 3.2.  If you have an old copy of the book that is
using version 3.2, you should be fine.  Otherwise, I would recommend you

1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-06-18 10:12
@Walter Davis and @mike2r:

Thank you for your reply. I have solved this problem.
Existing account

No account? Register here.