Forum: Ruby on Rails getting changes

F7891bf864cadfb23971078e759df133?d=identicon&s=25 Steven A Bristol (Guest)
I was having some problems, which are fixed with #3331 & 3332. I have no
idea how to get these changes. Do I have to wait for a release? What is
the
time frame? Any help understanding the process would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Steven A Bristol
137039860fa6b38713e1349da8a4137d?d=identicon&s=25 Marc Love (Guest)
on 2005-12-23 08:25
Well if you have Subversion running on your machine, you can download
the .diff files that are attached to the tickets.  You can then apply
those .diff files using subversion or even easier if you're using
TortoiseSVN through a context menu.

Or you just look at the tickets.  Towards the bottom it shows you what
lines have been edited and what they've been replaced with.  You can
find those files on your computer and just manually edit them
accordingly.

The only other option is to wait for the next release.

Steven A Bristol wrote:
> I was having some problems, which are fixed with #3331 & 3332. I have no
> idea how to get these changes. Do I have to wait for a release? What is
> the
> time frame? Any help understanding the process would be very helpful.
> Thanks,
> Steven A Bristol
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
Steven
   >  how to get these changes.

Use EdgeRails (via "rake freeze_edge" )
    see: http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/EdgeRails