Forum: Ruby on Rails Coloring HTML elements depending on what action is called

5b972395a92333843018b4add8af0437?d=identicon&s=25 Damián M. González (igorjorobus)
on 2014-06-16 03:40
Hi fellows. I'm requiring a suggestion, a hand, since can't solve this.
What I'm trying to do is this:

 I have 2 actions by a controller. There's an active layout for
both(application.html.erb). There's two HTML elements defined in the
layout which I want to be collored diferently if one action is called or
the another. I suspect that can be done with Javascript, but must be an
easy way. What I though is that when I call one of the actions, it must
render a specific CSS file, which overwrite the style of the HTML
elements(defined by default in application.css), giving to them the
color I want, but....I can't give with it, can't get it work correctly.
Can you give me a clue about what should I do, I've been around this a
whole day.
On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Damián M. González
<lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

>  I have 2 actions by a controller. There's an active layout for
> both(application.html.erb). There's two HTML elements defined in the
> layout which I want to be collored diferently if one action is called or
> the another.

Why not just define CSS classes for the two styles in a common
style sheet and set an instance variable in the controller to pass to
the view? e.g.

I can imagine other approaches, but that seems simplest.

FWIW,
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan
5b972395a92333843018b4add8af0437?d=identicon&s=25 Damián M. González (igorjorobus)
on 2014-06-16 04:35
Yes Hassan that's a big better solution than the JS one, you opened my
mind, I appreciate it, thanks. Still I'm open to receive other
suggestions of ways to do this, for the sake of learn.