Forum: Ruby on Rails Keeping track of logged users

3b78b0272017facc51901e36bdc2d1ec?d=identicon&s=25 Vortex (Guest)

I would like to add "Who is online?" feature in my application. What is
the best practice for this, are there plugins or i'll have to tinker
with the sessions? I guess keeping active list of all sessions and
reading data from them would be a good start but what happens if the
site is overloaded and how to track changes.

Try this: http://blog.caboo.se/articles/2005/12/15/whos-online

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net