Forum: Ruby on Rails Best Practices???

681aba2743df36a42f5c8604dd8bc6a7?d=identicon&s=25 John MccLain (Guest)
Has anyone come up with a list of best practices for App design using
Ruby
On Rails?

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
jmcclain@tcshealthcare.com
(530)886-1700x235
"Skepticism is the first step toward truth"
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
Chad Fowler's "Rails Beta" is announced a beta book (pdf) about Feb 1,
2006.
     http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/

As a side note, I'm getting addicted to pdf books: I print them (I hate
reading on screen, but it's great for searching), so I can annotate
them, highlight in yellow/red/green, glue/tape schemas, etc.. at will
without feeling guilty. If only they would publish a list of changed
page when they publish a new version...

A friend of mines bought the paper version of the Agile Book, and came
to regret it: the paper is too thin, so you cannot really write in it or
use highlighter.

Alain
27c57aaa4bda5ac8b0593659573b522f?d=identicon&s=25 Blair Zajac (Guest)
Alain Ravet wrote:
> Chad Fowler's "Rails Beta" is announced a beta book (pdf) about Feb 1,
> 2006.
>     http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/
>

> As a side note, I'm getting addicted to pdf books: I print them (I hate
> reading on screen, but it's great for searching), so I can annotate
> them, highlight in yellow/red/green, glue/tape schemas, etc.. at will
> without feeling guilty. If only they would publish a list of changed
> page when they publish a new version...

Yeah, that would be nice if they did that, or put those vertical marks
on the
side of the page where a change was made.

In the meantime, I get diffs by doing a Save As Text for the old and the
new
PDFs and then using wdiff or diff to compare the two text files.

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.