Forum: Ruby X-Chat Ruby

67ab0e15857e9dd7a7a1af09b44a342d?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Jung (jung)
on 2005-12-20 22:39
I have been looking all over for documentation on writing X-Chat scripts
using Ruby, but I still can't find any.  Nor can I find any scripts
other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ).  If anyone can help me with either
I would be very grateful.
992fe8c19bbbc27f2b562a9f96efc03d?d=identicon&s=25 Jamis Buck (Guest)
On Dec 20, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Jason Jung wrote:

> I have been looking all over for documentation on writing X-Chat
> scripts
> using Ruby, but I still can't find any.  Nor can I find any scripts
> other than those included in the XChat-Ruby Plugin (
> http://xchat-ruby.sourceforge.net/ ).  If anyone can help me with
> either
> I would be very grateful.

Note that XChat-Ruby has not been updated in ages, and may not even
work with Ruby > 1.8.0. It was one of my first forays into writing C
bindings for Ruby, and as such is full of things I'd never dare do
now. Since I am no longer using XChat, though, I'm unlikely to
revisit those bindings.

- Jamis
3c155ef399326d533efc2eb91ac992e5?d=identicon&s=25 Neil Stevens (Guest)
Jamis Buck wrote:
> work with Ruby > 1.8.0. It was one of my first forays into writing C
> bindings for Ruby, and as such is full of things I'd never dare do  now.
> Since I am no longer using XChat, though, I'm unlikely to  revisit those
> bindings.

It works fine here.  I use it, using a combination of the included
sample scripts, the sources, and other x-chat plugins as documentation.

--
Neil Stevens - neil@hakubi.us

'A republic, if you can keep it.' -- Benjamin Franklin