Forum: Ruby RubyPlanet.NET is up and running

3a30e89c4d8db5738b5222c472e58255?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Watson (Guest)
I would like to thank the people who sent in links to their Ruby
oriented web blogs!

http://rubyplanet.net/ is more or less up and running but I still need
to tweak Blog RSS/Atom summaries, etc. It was just a 3 or 4 hour effort
setting up the site, so I know that there is much to do to improve it -
email me with suggestions.

Also, if you have suggestions for developer resources links, etc.,
pleaase send them to me.

And, if you note anything new and newsworthy in the Ruby world, you
might email me so I can add your entry to the News section.

As an aside note: until about a year ago, I was primarily a Java server
side developer. In the last year or two, I have done a fair amount of
research into alternative technologies (Smalltalk Seaside, various Lisp
and Scheme based frameworks, Python + CheryPy, Ruby on Rails, etc.) In
the interest of **concentrating on my work and getting things done** I
have decided to now just concentrate on Ruby and Java technologies. I
am also working on a book "Ruby for the Small Enterprise" for Manning
Publishers.

Thanks,
Mark
www.markwatson.com
67cb6fef42a83929955ce5a5b3f33f6e?d=identicon&s=25 Jon Smirl (Guest)
Have you considered using the Planet aggregator?
http://planetplanet.org/

You can make a pretty nice site using that tool.
Check out planet Gnome for example: http://planet.gnome.org/
3a30e89c4d8db5738b5222c472e58255?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Watson (Guest)
Thanks Jon - I had not seen planetplanet.org before. I already have 4
hours invested in writing the software for my RubyPlanet.NET site (most
of that is in the "admin" functionality") and I think that I can make
the obvious improvements in another hour or so, so I will probably
stick with my 'home grown' system.

My goal is a little different also: I want a one page summary of what
is happening in the world of Ruby development.

-Mark
20b256c6ae857102b2c0721b4a7ba682?d=identicon&s=25 Drew Mills (Guest)
I like the notion of a Ruby aggregator.  I use the LISP aggregator
(Planet
LISP) in my bloglines feed.  Will your site have an RSS feed that I can
subscribe with bloglines?

Cool idea.  Many Thanks.

Drew
3a30e89c4d8db5738b5222c472e58255?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Watson (Guest)
Hello Drew - that is a good idea!
Mark Watson wrote:

> And, if you note anything new and newsworthy in the Ruby world, you
> might email me so I can add your entry to the News section.

O'Reilly has just launched a Ruby bloggers section:

http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby

James Britt