Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: I Would Really Like to Try RoR but...

60e38de043848f82392062088f191213?d=identicon&s=25 Hogan, Brian P. (Guest)
Would anyone who has successfully deployed applications using IIS on
Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 be gracious enough to provide me with any
information besides the current information on the Wiki?  I have only
had one success at deploying Rails to IIS... And several failures.
Specifically, I would like to know :

* what modifications (if any) were needed to the Rails core (I've seen
several variations)
* what rewriter you used (I've tried Iconic's and ISAPIRewrite with
mixed results)
* What your registry key for FASTCGI looks like
* What permissions were required to the ruby/bin folder, the app folder,
and the isapi filters
* How to handle "unable to connect to fastcgi server" messages

I would welcome any help I can get; it's comforting to know that people
have gotten this to work, although I realize that it might not be
optimal. (I need to do this as a first step.)

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Brian Hogan
E6520b0addebfd58b83d7f2dc8d91b01?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Ross (Guest)
Why not use apache on windows? or better yet just use a fedora setup? I
was
thinking about the foray into using IIS as well since we are a windows
shop
but, it just doesn't make any sense.

On 12/20/05, Hogan, Brian P. <HOGANBP@uwec.edu> wrote:
> mixed results)
>

> 3) springing a couple of grand for a new (linux) server would be totally
> Rails on IIS.
> > > This should pretty much work.
> > > machine is linux anyway, and radrails integration of webrick suits
>

> > --
> David Lee

Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://www.zerium.com
[phone] 404-488-4364
33478bbfbd0e2bf2737eca60a555af76?d=identicon&s=25 Frank (Guest)
Here is a link:

http://made-of-stone.blogspot.com/2005/12/setting-...

I have tried this.

Frank