Forum: Ruby on Rails Newbie Q: HOW TO: make a partial containing tabs

17d01ff4326c26911481c7a77283b343?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Sloane (Guest)
Hi Listers,
I'm wondering about the possibility of creating a tabbed partial (or set
of partials) dependant on a parent-children structure. For example;

I have a parent JOB - job has many sons (Ooops wrong story). JOB
contains CONTACTS, NOTES, STATISTICS, WORKFLOW, etc.. I want to show the
general JOB data at the top of my screen, then below that load a set of
tabs containing the other functionality. Is this feasible? If so, has
anyone  any tips on how to go about it?
Kind Regards,
Eric.
4710a8ada2adc162aaee4288d9879d8e?d=identicon&s=25 Gerard (Guest)
Hi Eric,

I am a RoR newbie, but I have a, IMHO, important question. How do you
construct the tabbed pages. I'm can see a 2-level menustructure like
this
one: http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic2/horizontal01.htm

Are the objects all in one page or does a new page get opened when
clicking
another tab as in the example above?

Because that would result in a different query per tab (tab equals
page).

Regards,

Gerard.

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 00:28, Eric Sloane tried to type something
like:
> Eric.

"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

My $Grtz =~ Gerard;
~
:wq!