Forum: Ruby Blog for Ruby

Gary Allum (Guest)
Hi!

	At the request of a friend of mine, I am doing a blog as I learn to
program, and I am using Ruby to learn. So if you would like to check out
the progress, suggest sites that should be linked to, or point other
newbies in the direction to read it, the address is:
http://digitalmassacre.com/codeerrors/

Hopefully I will not annoy to many people with the obligatory stupid
questions that will follow in the next few weeks :P

--Gary
tony summerfelt (Guest)
Gary Allum wrote on 12/19/2005 4:36 PM:

> Hopefully I will not annoy to many people with the obligatory stupid
> questions that will follow in the next few weeks :P

you need to open up the comments so people don't have to register :)
Patrick Hurley (Guest)
On 12/19/05, Gary Allum <shadarach@gmail.com> wrote:
>         At the request of a friend of mine, I am doing a blog as I learn to
> program, and I am using Ruby to learn. So if you would like to check out
> the progress, suggest sites that should be linked to, or point other
> newbies in the direction to read it, the address is:
> http://digitalmassacre.com/codeerrors/

I cannot register as your system is not forwarding a password (not
requiring registration would be even better :-) Having read your blog
and in light of the issues you are having with Komodo, I would suggest
you check out ArchnoRuby
(http://www.ruby-ide.com/ruby/ruby_ide_and_ruby_editor.php) -- I am a
happy customer (but otherwise have no relation to Lothar -- the
author).

Good luck
pth
Gary Allum (Guest)
oh, whoops :)  Im pretty new to the whole blogging thing hehe..

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:04:35 -0500, tony summerfelt
m4dc4p (Guest)
Tried to post to your blog and got a 404:

http://digitalmassacre.com/wp-comments-post.php

Not Found
The requested URL /wp-comments-post.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Anyways, my comment was basically - you don't really need an IDE. A
text editor and the command line are plenty for doing most tutorials.
Heck, you can even type "irb" at the command line and you've got a nice
interactive ruby environemnt to play with. Try typing:

 puts "Hello, world!"

at the prompt and go nuts!