Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails source code architecture

B96287a80ced6a5b06b306524df80368?d=identicon&s=25 Matthieu Foucault (Guest)
Hello, I am a software engineering PhD student. I am currently
and empirical study in which I am studing software metrics on the Rails
project. I am analyzing the code of Rails 2.3 for this study.
I need your help because for this study I need to split the source code
several modules, considering that a module is a file, a set of files, a
directory or a set of directories containing a standalone piece of code
that provides specific and tightly coupled functionalities.

Given this definition and the architecture of Rails 2.3, what would be
modules for you?

The source code tree of Rails 2.3 is described here:
9142af3e768431ab27dae559011a7c59?d=identicon&s=25 fitrah firdaus (Guest)
Why You Use Version 2.3 not 4.1, 2.3 is obsolete, 4.1 is newer.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Matthieu Foucault <
On Friday, 6 June 2014 04:32:21 UTC-5, Matthieu Foucault wrote:
> modules for you?
> The source code tree of Rails 2.3 is described here:

You may want to do some research on the 2.3 -> 3.0 transition and the
with Merb; the explicit motivation for that process was to split the
into better-separated modules. 2.3 was *not* straightforward to divvy up
that fashion.

--Matt Jones
Existing account

No account? Register here.