Forum: Ruby on Rails rails based wiki: is instiki still being developed?

A9cdc0b24a1ee497ad749afab0ec5c30?d=identicon&s=25 Luigi Rizzo (luigi)
hello,

is the instiki project still being developed? it seems the web site is
down for a couple of weeks now, and almost no activity is going on on
the developer mailing list.

on a related note, are you aware of other actively developed rails-based
wikis?

many thanks in advance.
175e47c3d060e2635df0da9df0148580?d=identicon&s=25 Assaph Mehr (Guest)
Hi Luigi,

> is the instiki project still being developed? it seems the web site is
> down for a couple of weeks now, and almost no activity is going on on
> the developer mailing list.
>
> on a related note, are you aware of other actively developed rails-based wikis?

I2 is a rewrite of Instiki in rails, with the goal is to support
high-traffic sites lite RoR. There is SQLiki - a wiki generator for
Rails. Instiki-AR is (was) a rewrite to support database backends in
Instiki, but I have no idea what it's current state is.

There are also a number of excellent non-rails wikis, some of whom
have been around
for a while. Soks, Ruwiki and hiki come to mind. Take a look at
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/search.rhtml?search=wiki.

Personally I write my own wiki software :-). Depemnding of what you
need the wiki for, take a look at Pimki (http://pimki.rubyforge.org).
It used to be based on Instiki, but is now being rewritten as a
regular rails application, with KirbyBase as the backend.

Cheers,
Assaph
D895471fbc8b3b1233a250186d542af8?d=identicon&s=25 Alexey Verkhovsky (alexeyv)
Assaph Mehr wrote:

>>is the instiki project still being developed?
>>
>Instiki-AR is (was) a rewrite to support database backends in
>Instiki, but I have no idea what it's current state is.

Hi all,

Instiki-AR was basically hibernating for nearly two months. It will get
some attention from me during the holidays. Not sure if that will be
enough to get to the next release, but I am certainly migrating
Instiki.org to run on the ActiveRecord backend.

The site is back up at the time of this writing.

Best regards,
Alex

P.S. If anyone wants to take over Instiki development, please write me.
It's a cool little app, you can learn quite a lot from working on it.