Forum: Ruby on Rails webbrick and logger output

757e0ccb6005344ecbc8c096744183b7?d=identicon&s=25 Colin JN Breame (Guest)

When I do:

logger.info "hello?"

I would expect it to output something from the webbrick output but it
doesn't
seem to.  Am I doing something wrong? or is there another way of
outputting
on the webbrick output?

Thanks,
 -- Colin
317aad7f9f0b69a440faca74bbe22b20?d=identicon&s=25 Jakob L. Skjerning (Guest)
Colin JN Breame wrote:
> When I do:
>
> logger.info "hello?"
 >
> I would expect it to output something from the webbrick output but it doesn't
> seem to.  Am I doing something wrong? or is there another way of outputting
> on the webbrick output?

That should put "hello?" in your logfile. You can technically use puts
to output to the Webrick console, I believe, but be aware that puts are
a bad idea, and may crash FastCGI processes if they stay around in your
code until deployment.