Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails Plugins

52f877dd98422f0299937b9e8e73dc7d?d=identicon&s=25 Rohit Mehra (ror-user)
on 2005-12-16 21:22
Hi
i just got to plugin development, hav to develop a plugin for a model ,
in which i m using object from another model as well as cart .

i saw some basic example for plugins , trying to do with them
can anybody help with some detailed code for plugins developed, or some
good examples ?

thanks in advance
2ccb2f7699267d258faaafce4ee997df?d=identicon&s=25 Cody Fauser (Guest)
Rohit,

Check out http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Plugins for a list
of current plugins.

Cody

On 12/16/05, rohit mehra <rohitm2010@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --

http://www.codyfauser.com
52f877dd98422f0299937b9e8e73dc7d?d=identicon&s=25 Rohit Mehra (ror-user)
on 2005-12-19 15:47
Cody Fauser wrote:
> Rohit,
>
> Check out http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Plugins for a list
> of current plugins.
>
> Cody

Thanks cody

i have one more question:
what if my code (i want to make plugin for), contains call to some other
tables, getting data from them as per need?
How may i assure that user have some table like that, or i implement the
code in similar tables?

hope i am able to let you understood the prob i m facing...
i checked "acts_as_authenticated" plugin , it use generators , make
models & views, should i go that way?
is that only way?

or should i opt for Engines?

i know i am asking too much , but ..plz tell
really thanks
> hope i am able to let you understood the prob i m facing...
> i checked "acts_as_authenticated" plugin , it use generators , make
> models & views, should i go that way?
> is that only way?
>
> or should i opt for Engines?
>
> i know i am asking too much , but ..plz tell
> really thanks

It depends on your needs.  I wrote acts_as_authenticated with the
assumption you're going to take it and run with it for your own
nefarious purposes.  I find a generator is best for that.  If you look
at acts_as_authenticated, you'll see that it uses generators to write
out migration scripts.  Just add a note in your README to run your
migration generator first.

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net

That is the right place, but Radiant includes its own version of RSpec.
However, it shouldn't conflict with the other plugins...

Sean
29f82ebe1801087f04de6aaae92e19ea?d=identicon&s=25 Pat Allan (Guest)
Hi Sean

I've installed all four of those plugins - but when I run script/
generate, it doesn't know about the cucumber generators.

--
Pat
29f82ebe1801087f04de6aaae92e19ea?d=identicon&s=25 Pat Allan (Guest)

Is there anything I can do to help debug why generators aren't
working? It's not something I'm particularly knowledgeable about with
Rails. Would it be a Rails thing? Or Radiant-related?

--
Pat
8802b1fa1b53e2197beea9454244f847?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Cribbs (seancribbs)

If you have some time right now, let's powwow on the IRC channel.  Maybe
we can figure this out.

Sean
29f82ebe1801087f04de6aaae92e19ea?d=identicon&s=25 Pat Allan (Guest)
Update for the list: managed to get a solution figured out so
generators in vendor/plugins are now loaded. Change is in GitHub.

Thanks Sean for the help.

--
Pat