Forum: Ruby Rails with Lighttpd or Apache

A3c73a768477c8f93dd48d9611376046?d=identicon&s=25 Rawn027 (Guest)
I am doing a clean install of FreeBSD and was wondering the best
webserver to use rails with. This will be strictly a remote deployment
and devlopment box. I am also thinking about install gentoo or another
linux distro. I haven choosen which linux yet.
Fe9b2d0628c0943af374b2fe5b320a82?d=identicon&s=25 Eero Saynatkari (rue)
on 2005-12-16 22:00
Rawn027 wrote:
> I am doing a clean install of FreeBSD and was wondering the best
> webserver to use rails with. This will be strictly a remote deployment
> and devlopment box. I am also thinking about install gentoo or another
> linux distro. I haven choosen which linux yet.

lightTPD is absolutely the way to go unless you are
for some reason obligated to use Apache. See all the
docs at

  http://www.lighttpd.org