Forum: Ruby RubyGems and bin/

I'll readily admit that I haven't looked into this much yet.  I
thought I would ask here first and get the 10,000 foot view and
pointers for where to dig further.

I'm interested in RubyGems multiple versions feature.  I need to be
able to select the version that runs at any given time.  The
complication is that the gem installs a bin/ script that is the
primary interface.  Can someone explain how RubyGems handles that?

Thanks.

James Edward Gray II
8ecb8bb62c3283f8069a54056c7dc25f?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Freeze (Guest)
On 12/16/05, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> I'm interested in RubyGems multiple versions feature.  I need to be
> able to select the version that runs at any given time.  The
> complication is that the gem installs a bin/ script that is the
> primary interface.  Can someone explain how RubyGems handles that?

I think it is just

  myapp _1.2.3_ --options-to-my-app args_for_my_app

where 1.2.3 is the version you want to run.
Otherwise, it runs the latest version.

Is that what you are asking?
On Dec 16, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Jim Freeze wrote:

> where 1.2.3 is the version you want to run.
> Otherwise, it runs the latest version.
>
> Is that what you are asking?

Sure is.  Wow, that was easy.  Thanks much!

James Edward Gray II