Forum: Ruby on Rails Lonked Select Boxes

Ff33bba928d73e20bcb2c91b05fb932c?d=identicon&s=25 OE1 (Guest)
on 2005-12-15 23:50
linked selects are critical to my application. for those who don't know,
a linked select updates as the select box it is linked to is updated.

for example, if select 1 is "California", then select 2 will list all
the cities in California.

change select 1 to Washington and select 2 will automatically change to
list all the cities in Washington.

I use a php forms class to achieve this functionality right now.

Does RoR offer it?

tia...
Ff33bba928d73e20bcb2c91b05fb932c?d=identicon&s=25 OE1 (Guest)
on 2005-12-15 23:58
Updated title only.

OE1 wrote:
> linked selects are critical to my application. for those who don't know,
> a linked select updates as the select box it is linked to is updated.
>
> for example, if select 1 is "California", then select 2 will list all
> the cities in California.
>
> change select 1 to Washington and select 2 will automatically change to
> list all the cities in Washington.
>
> I use a php forms class to achieve this functionality right now.
>
> Does RoR offer it?
>
> tia...
17d01ff4326c26911481c7a77283b343?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Sloane (Guest)
OE1 wrote:

> Does RoR offer it?
>
> tia...

Ah - that's my question too! See HOW DO I populate options from previous
option click. I too need to Lonk Lists :~)
Eric.
6828ffc79486cd2442714bf32286a910?d=identicon&s=25 Vivek Krishna (Guest)

> > linked selects are critical to my application. for those who don't know,
> > a linked select updates as the select box it is linked to is updated.
> >
> > for example, if select 1 is "California", then select 2 will list all

check this out
http://www.roryhansen.ca/?p=9