Forum: Ruby-Forum.com Req: more usable search

B643ec8c0d86b2eeddbb275358369d7d?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Koppelman (Guest)
on 2005-12-15 19:44
As far as I can tell, the current search function only does single-word
or maybe phrase searches. Not so useful.

Boolean search syntax would be fine, but I think you;d get the most
usability out of basic typical search-engine syntax, where a search is
understood to be an AND of the words and/or quoted phrases unless stated
otherwise.

But I'm not picky.
3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2005-12-15 23:31
Steve Koppelman wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the current search function only does single-word
> or maybe phrase searches. Not so useful.
>
> Boolean search syntax would be fine, but I think you;d get the most
> usability out of basic typical search-engine syntax, where a search is
> understood to be an AND of the words and/or quoted phrases unless stated
> otherwise.

Yes, this is already being worked on.