Forum: Ruby rdoc -> pdf

E1abde65ff2b0cbbc416f83e02457a69?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Schwab (Guest)
I think it would be great to have a pdf that had a synopsis of every*
Ruby function.  It would be some work to compile it and not as
up-to-date as individual rdocs, but I would love to have a local copy
that I could search with spotlight, etc.  Also would love to throw it
in someone's face and say 'look at all the awesome tricks that Ruby
will do for you'.  And to be sure to avoid duplicating those efforts on
my own.  Speaking of which, it's time to give props to all of you who
are making these great tools that none of us will have to duplicate.
There's some cool stuff coming through on those announcements, and its
incredible how much of it is open source.  Thanks.

-Mike

*meaning everything in the standard library or on rubyforge, I suppose.
  Or, everything that's useful.
On 15/12/05, Mike Schwab <michael.schwab@yale.edu> wrote:
> I think it would be great to have a pdf that had a synopsis of every*
> Ruby function.  It would be some work to compile it and not as
> up-to-date as individual rdocs, but I would love to have a local copy
> that I could search with spotlight, etc.  Also would love to throw it
> in someone's face and say 'look at all the awesome tricks that Ruby
> will do for you'.  And to be sure to avoid duplicating those efforts on
> my own.  Speaking of which, it's time to give props to all of you who
> are making these great tools that none of us will have to duplicate.
> There's some cool stuff coming through on those announcements, and its
> incredible how much of it is open source.  Thanks.

The Pickaxe2 has a PDF version available for purchase from the
Pragmatic Bookshelf. On the other hand, if someone wants to make a
RDoc formatter using PDF::Writer, I'll try to provide what assistance
I can.

;)

-austin
On 12/15/05, Austin Ziegler <halostatue@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Pickaxe2 has a PDF version available for purchase from the
> Pragmatic Bookshelf. On the other hand, if someone wants to make a
> RDoc formatter using PDF::Writer, I'll try to provide what assistance
> I can.

Ugh. This sounds like something that may need to go into Ruport.  I
hate when that happens!

Would people be interesting in being able to use rdoc formatting to
generate PDFs using Ruby Reports?  If so... i'll put it on the dogpile
of features to be added this winter when I'm working full time on
Ruport for a couple weeks.