Forum: Ruby LDAP from ruby

4828d351301250e89a68e307ba3a8329?d=identicon&s=25 Pedro Arnal Puente (Guest)
Hello

I have a little program that needs to run on windows, linux and AIX.

It reads some data files or receives data packets, makes some
validations talking to an LDAP server, and loads the massaged data in
a database.

The problem I find is the LDAP access from Ruby in the windows platform.

Anbody uses ruby-ldap in a windows environment? and in AIX?

I wonder if I should just use jRuby and call LDAP via Java JNDI...

Many thanks!!!

--
Saludos mercenarios...

...por la destruccion de todo lo que es.
33ec7e55a251c1be8d6febfd929aebbe?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Kujawa (gregarican)
Pedro Arnal Puente wrote:

> --
> Saludos mercenarios...
>

> ..por la destruccion de todo lo que es.

Personally I ran into problems getting Ruby's LDAP package to compile
in my Win32 environment. I tried using MSVC, Borland, etc. to no avail.
So I abandoned trying at the point of getting myself tangled up in all
of the extconf/mkmf stuff that was over my head.

Perhaps there are others who have succeeded in this area. If so I'd
love to hear from them :-)
Bcace0c116856fb4a36d9ff422b5ccea?d=identicon&s=25 Vance Heron (Guest)
I've had no trouble with ruby, openldap libs and gcc from cygwin.
Vance