Forum: Ruby JEdit Ruby Plugin does not Code Complete ?

F29c276b470890a36bcf54faed15c9d7?d=identicon&s=25 Jules (Guest)
Code Complete (Intellisense) is not working for my JEdit Ruby Plugin ?

If I type something like
dog= Array.new
dog.

I do not get any suggested ruby Array methods for dog.
Auto indenting,and completion seems to be working for def end blocks.
But the ruby syntax checking seems to only work intermittently, and  is
rather slow when it does recognise errors.

I followed the instructions to download a new Install of 0.7.6
 jruby.jar, RubyPlugin.jar, retroweaver.jar into the jars directory and
ruby.xml into modes directory. The Ruby Plugin appears in my drop down
of Plugins, and is reported as loaded without any errors.

I installed the Sidekick (v0.3.4) and ProjectViewer (v 2.1.1) Plugins,
reported as loaded by JEdit and configured
'Show Code Completion Where possible' is ticked  I also tried Show Code
Completion Popup shortcut (as F12 key)  but that doesn't seem to do
anything either :(
I also tried SideKick 'Parse on Keystroke' . I have tried to reinsatll
the Plugins but get same results.

The file is saved as Dog.rb, and so should be recognsing it as a Ruby
project.

I am using
JEdit Version 4.2 Final
Java 1.5

So somewhere I have got csome onfiguration settings mixed up somewhere,
the Pligin configurations are not particularly intuiative ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jules
C6d58eec081d1bae68945e01342ed277?d=identicon&s=25 Rob . (Guest)
Jules wrote:
> Code Complete is not working for my JEdit Ruby Plugin?
>
> If I type something like
> dog= Array.new
> dog.
>
> I do not get any suggested ruby Array methods for dog.

If anyone else has this problem please let me know.

Jules, code completion is working for me in both GNU/Linux and Windows
with JEdit 4.2final + Java 1.5. What OS are you using? Your
configuration setup description seems correct. Do you see any error
messages in the log file:
Utilities -> Troubleshooting -> Activity Log

> the ruby syntax checking seems to only work
> intermittently, and  is rather slow when it does
> recognise errors.

On the dialog 'Plugins-> Plugin Options -> SideKick -> General' you
can configure how long it takes to parse after a keystroke. The plugin
uses JRuby to parse the file and indentify errors. Execution speed may
vary based on machine specs.

Rob
F29c276b470890a36bcf54faed15c9d7?d=identicon&s=25 Jules (Guest)

Ok, so now that you have replied, I boot up, and find that Code
Complete, seems now to be at least provide a pop up list. Not sure why
its started to behave differently. - It seems to parse reasonably
quickly and consistently this afternoon.

Although I get a pop up list, and can scroll up down the list with
up/down keys, but when I click the (pop up ) scroll bar to step down ,
it seems to destoy the list, and I cannot select an option by mouse
clicking or Enter key when highlighted.

I am running on Windows 2000 Pro.  I see lots of [debug] statements in
the Activity log, but no errors.

rather odd. I will keep playing.

Thanks

Jules