Forum: Ruby on Rails CocoaMySql Equivalent Tool for Linux & Windows

Ad97b577f331ae29ed90da5751f2e44f?d=identicon&s=25 Dan Diebolt (dandiebolt)
In the screencast on RoR.com entitled "Creating a weblog in 15 minutes"
the tool CocoaMySQL is being used to define and modify the database
schema.

  http://media.rubyonrails.org/video/rails_take2_wit...
  http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net/index.html

  CocoaMySql runs only on OSX. Are there equivalent tools for Linux
and/or Windows?

  Thanks!
740645a857ed51ecdbae0c2e4bd2ca99?d=identicon&s=25 Raz (Guest)
Dan

A tool I use extensively in both Win and Linux is MySQL Administrator
which is available from www.mysql.com - that seems to provide similar
functionality to CocoaMySQL

raz
0f23c9eeddf9cb0080723d8da2124c43?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan (Guest)
> > CocoaMySql runs only on OSX. Are there equivalent tools for Linux and/or
> > Windows?
>
> A tool I use extensively in both Win and Linux is MySQL Administrator
> which is available from www.mysql.com - that seems to provide similar
> functionality to CocoaMySQL

Or if your web server supports PHP, you can use PhpMyAdmin from
www.phpmyadmin.net wich is platform independant, and as powerful as
CocoaMySQL
or MySQL Administrator.

I don't know if a RubyOnRails equivalent to PhpMyAdmin exists.

Jonathan
On 12/15/05, Jonathan <jmetillon@gmail.com> wrote:
> or MySQL Administrator.
EMS MySQL Manager Lite is pretty decent and free:

http://sqlmanager.net/products/mysql/manager/

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net