Forum: Ruby Maintainer of ipaddr.rb ?

085c7924fa61651217b91511ec18a984?d=identicon&s=25 Hadmut Danisch (Guest)

any idea who is currently maintaining the ipaddr.rb library code?

The file header says it was Hajimu UMEMOTO, but the library seems to not
have been touched since 2002, maybe Hajimu is not working on it anymore.

There are a few flaws and shortcomings, functions are missing, and maybe
some security issues.

regards
Hadmut Danisch
0ec4920185b657a03edf01fff96b4e9b?d=identicon&s=25 Yukihiro Matsumoto (Guest)

In message "Re: Maintainer of ipaddr.rb ?"
    on Wed, 14 Dec 2005 06:32:39 +0900, Hadmut Danisch <x7@danisch.de>
writes:

|any idea who is currently maintaining the ipaddr.rb library code?
|
|The file header says it was Hajimu UMEMOTO, but the library seems to not
|have been touched since 2002, maybe Hajimu is not working on it anymore.

I haven't seen him for a while.

|There are a few flaws and shortcomings, functions are missing, and maybe
|some security issues.

Can you report it to the ruby-core mailing list at
<ruby-core@ruby-lang.org>?
We can work on it.

You have to subscribe it before posting.  Send a mail with the body
"subscribe Your Name" to <ruby-core-ctl@ruby-lang.org>.

							matz.
733436f59b64e31c1dd78fc0d29f3cdb?d=identicon&s=25 Gyoung-Yoon Noh (Guest)
On 12/14/05, Hadmut Danisch <x7@danisch.de> wrote:
> regards
> Hadmut Danisch

Hi,

I think (preferably) ruby-core, or here ruby-talk is the right place to
discuss on what you've mentioned. You don't even need to specify
the responsible person. It would be ok only to tell problems,
suggestions, or patches.

Many ears hear you, and someone (not me) can help you.