Forum: Ruby on Rails UTF-8 charset encoding problem in Rails 0.14.4

8a8ba7e85e336beb1304453ef20a7470?d=identicon&s=25 Karel Miarka (kajism)

International characters are displayed incorrectly with Rails 0.14.4,
Mysql 4.1, active_record\vendor\mysql.rb on Windows XP. My database is
in UTF-8 charset and also pages are displayed in utf8 encoding.

Everything worked fine until the latest Rails release candidate. I have
tried to find the problem comparing the new and old versions of
mysql_adapter.rb and vendor\mysql.rb but not found anything strage...

(The new encoding connection option doesn't work with the mysql bindings
written in Ruby.)

Any hints?

Btw, is there someone using the mysql C bindings under Windows? Where to
get the Windows binaries of it?

Thanks,
Karel
24d2f8804e6bb4b7ea6bd11e0a586470?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy Kemper (Guest)
8a8ba7e85e336beb1304453ef20a7470?d=identicon&s=25 Karel Miarka (kajism)
on 2005-12-14 14:11
Nice, seems to work fine with Rails 1.0 and the "encoding: utf8"
options added in config/database.yml to all the environments.

Thanks,
Karel