Forum: Ruby Any problems with Ruby on Rails - on Win CE

9ee49909eb04d41eef81fc746f82e2a2?d=identicon&s=25 scottishguy (Guest)

I think the answer is going to be yes, knowing that Ruby runs on Win
CE... but can you please let me know if anyone has had any problems
installing and using Ruby on Rails on Windows CE.  I am going to use
SQLite for Windows CE as my database (is this the best choice?).

Its just a smallish application im building, but I wont get the
PocketPC for another few weeks, and I dont want to be stung!

Thanks!
Rich.
689e8458e0896bfabca30b65edaa617e?d=identicon&s=25 Romuald du Song (Guest)
Hye,

Where did you get ruby for WinCE ?

Romuald du Song escreveu:

> > SQLite for Windows CE as my database (is this the best choice?).
>
> --
> -Tout ce qui n'est pas donné est perdu - Hasari Pal

How to build it:
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/gonzui/markup/ruby/wince/...

Binaries:
http://uema2.s8.xrea.com/ruby-mswince/

Im using Windows Mobile 2003 (which is WinCE)

If you install it, please try an install Rails to see if it works!
689e8458e0896bfabca30b65edaa617e?d=identicon&s=25 Romuald du Song (Guest)
Hye,

I have Windows Mobile 2005 and I was not able to use this ruby
 on my PDA.
I cannot setup a functional console application.
Any hints ?