Forum: Ruby on Rails very very basic question

B0d8a475e1f3733f688ba706fc2f4c13?d=identicon&s=25 super-newbie (Guest)
on 2005-12-12 02:45
Ok, I've got a test app written and it's accessible at
http://localhost/hello/

I want it accessible at http://localhost/ instead.  In the public
directory there is the index.html that has all the 'Welcome to rails'
stuff.  Is there a way to have it skip over that completely (i.e. not
use a redirect) and go to hello/ instead?

I assume changing my documentroot wouldn't be the answer unless I'm
supposed to set it to /var/www/rails/helloapp/hello instead of
/var/www/rails/helloapp

Thx.
3ccecc71b9fb0a3d7f00a0bef6f0a63a?d=identicon&s=25 Kent Sibilev (Guest)
Add map.connect '', :controller => 'hello' to your routes and delete
index.html file from public/ directory.

Kent.
B0d8a475e1f3733f688ba706fc2f4c13?d=identicon&s=25 super-newbie <jack@roit.com> (Guest)
on 2005-12-12 03:12
Kent Sibilev wrote:
> Add map.connect '', :controller => 'hello' to your routes and delete
> index.html file from public/ directory.
>
> Kent.

Thanks!!!