Forum: NGINX Nginx with NO SSL offload

nginxsantos (Guest)
Hi All,

Is there way I configure Nginx not to do SSL offload, i.e Nginx should
receive the HTTPS traffic (by listening on port 443) and forward the
same to
the backend server without doing an offload.

I think I can do this if I setup my Nginx in TCP mode (using the third
party
module tcp proxy). But, I am wondering if the "NO SSL OFFLOAD" can be
handled by the standard Nginx.

Please let me know.

Thanks, Santos

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Lukas Tribus (Guest)

> Please let me know.
I don't think it can.

You should take a look at HAProxy for this. Its has all the features you
need
to load-balancing in front of a big SSL farm (like stickiness based on
the
SSL session id).

Regards,

Lukas
nginxsantos (Guest)
I am still not convinced that no one faced this problem earlier. When
Nginx
works as a reverse proxy, is everyone doing a SSL offload for the HTTPS
traffic?

Posted at Nginx Forum:
nginxsantos (Guest)
I am still not convinced that no one faced this problem earlier. When
Nginx
works as a reverse proxy, is everyone doing a SSL offload for the HTTPS
traffic?

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Jonathan Matthews (Guest)
On 27 May 2014 19:29, nginxsantos <nginx-forum@nginx.us> wrote:
> I am still not convinced that no one faced this problem earlier. When Nginx
> works as a reverse proxy, is everyone doing a SSL offload for the HTTPS
> traffic?

Yes, everyone is.