Forum: GNU Radio Costas loop in HRPT receiver

8ff78641533c8242148d05e3b413d639?d=identicon&s=25 Pablo Fernandez (mrhanson921)
Hello,

Ive heard about costas loop to obtain the carrier of a PSK signal. But I
dont know how it is implemented the carrier recovery in the hrpt example
of
gr-noaa in order to demodulate the BPSK signal. I would appreciate some
help
with this topic.

Regards,

Pablo.
On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Pablo Fernández Alonso <
pfernandezalonso92@gmail.com> wrote:

> Regards,
>

> Pablo.

Pablo,

The Costas loop is implemented using a standard second-order control
loop,
which means it tracks the phase and the phase change (frequency). You
can
find more about how these loops here (and in plenty of text books on
phase
locked loops and such):
http://www.trondeau.com/blog/2011/8/13/control-loo...

Tom