Forum: GNU Radio EAS/SAME Decoding?

251837def8dc83f41a60e659d94d40d4?d=identicon&s=25 Jordan Jordan (jowijo)
How would one create a SAME decoder in GNURadio? EAS being the Emergency
Alert System, AMBER alerts, etc. I can tune to Weather radio; but I was
wondering if I could listen to the EAS channels themselves.

EAS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Alert_System

Thanks.
B4ffbc711addde4c649b1ed526df6157?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On 12.05.2014 02:36, Jordan Johnson wrote:
> How would one create a SAME decoder in GNURadio? EAS being the Emergency
> Alert System, AMBER alerts, etc. I can tune to Weather radio; but I was
> wondering if I could listen to the EAS channels themselves.
>
> EAS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Alert_System

I'd never heard of this before you posted this, but it seems like it's
very similar to NOAA. Start from there, check the specs, find the
differences... and report back here :)

Cheers,
Martin
Existing account