Forum: Ruby on Rails How Can I create a backend admin panel for people to view their bookings?

Dc53499fbc27fc98a4cb7821699ea0bf?d=identicon&s=25 Wilson Wilson (fivestarredflag)
on 2014-05-10 00:43
I want to build a website with rails similar to vayable.com ,
triplelights.com , odesk.com etc. There will be freelancers and people
hiring. Once the freelancer is hired, he would need to view a list of
bookings. What's the best admin gem for this type of view?

Thanks all
On Friday, 9 May 2014 18:43:09 UTC-4, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:

> I want to build a website with rails similar to vayable.com ,
> triplelights.com , odesk.com etc. There will be freelancers and people
> hiring. Once the freelancer is hired, he would need to view a list of
> bookings. What's the best admin gem for this type of view?

I don't think any of the "admin" gems (rails_admin, activeadmin) are
going
to have enough access control for this - they're designed for site-wide
admin, with CanCan support mostly for broad restrictions (think "sales
staff can only modify models of type X, Y and Z").

I suspect you'd end up writing almost as much code to bend one of them
into
the desired shape as you would just coding the views + controllers from
scratch...

--Matt Jones
D833604cd41b296c147e6b16f1414178?d=identicon&s=25 Giwrgos Dimitriou (Guest)
Τη Σάββατο, 10 Μαΐου 2014 1:43:09 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Ruby-Forum.com
User
έγραψε:
> Thanks all
>
> --

I dont think you need an admin gem for that. I'm building a similar web
application with different sorts of professionals (plumbers,
electricians
etc.) and the only thing i use an admin gem (i use activeadmin) for, is
for
the actual admin to check on his data.
Whatever you are trying to do (i'm not sure about the "list of bookings"
you are refering) its not going to be a back-end admin thing.
Existing account

No account? Register here.