Forum: GNU Radio CDMA-UMTS protocol implementation with USRP1

53995465c5d4fe5173642d8ee9a22a22?d=identicon&s=25 Usman Arshad (Guest)
Hello list,

I am planning to implement CDMA-UMTS protocol with USRP 1 and GNU Radio.
I've first established OpenBTS setup with USRP1 and OpenBTS 2.8. Now I
want
to implement CDMA-UMTS in the same way as OpenBTS to establish a CDMA
mobile network.

Can anyone guide me about starting point like what software packages I
need
and any idea how to implement it.

Thanks in advance.

--
*Usman Arshad*

*Electrical (Telecom) Engineering*
*National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)*
D17685d174fee4ca258c75cce7bc2202?d=identicon&s=25 Marcus Müller (Guest)
Hello Usman,

going from deploying an already existing GSM basestation software to
implementing a complete standard is a huge step.
Also, USRP1 is almost certainly not the device I'd chose for that task
--
in can shuffle a maximum of 8MS/s over USB, and you need 5MS/s for up-
and

So
get your communication engineering textbooks ready, refresh what you
know
about digital baseband signal processing, and learn how to use and
extend
GNU Radio software on the gnuradio.org website, especially on the
tutorials.

Greetings,
Marcus
On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Marcus Müller
<marcus.mueller@ettus.com>wrote:

> know about digital baseband signal processing, and learn how to use and
> extend GNU Radio software on the gnuradio.org website, especially on the
> tutorials.
>
> Greetings,
> Marcus

But, if you want a start at the phy layer using CDMA, Achilleas' gr-cdma
might be a good place to start:

https://github.com/anastas/gr-cdma

Tom