Forum: NGINX subs filter error

D47a378412c37c684bd7bf81993a857c?d=identicon&s=25 Tom McLoughlin (Guest)
I'm running a TPB proxy on nginx using subs_filter to monetize the proxy
with ads,
and I keep getting this error every time someone loads a page.
subs filter header ignored, this may be a compressed response. while
reading response header from upstream, client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: ,
request: "GET /search/sharepoint/0/7/0 HTTP/1.1", upstream:
"http://194.71.107.80:80/search/sharepoint/0/7/0", host: "tpb.rtbt.me",
referrer: "http://tpb.rtbt.me/search/sharepoint/0/99/"

My configuration is available at,
http://p.ngx.cc/d7eacc9934caa82a
34011bc56457235a2caa5ed1d4a29f3c?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Matthews (Guest)
On 9 May 2014 13:36, Tom McLoughlin <me@tommehm.com> wrote:
> I keep getting this error every time someone loads a page.
> subs filter header ignored, this may be a compressed response. while
> reading response header from upstream, client: xx.xx.xx.xx, server: ,
> request: "GET /search/sharepoint/0/7/0 HTTP/1.1", upstream:
> "http://194.71.107.80:80/search/sharepoint/0/7/0", host: "tpb.rtbt.me",
> referrer: "http://tpb.rtbt.me/search/sharepoint/0/99/"

So why not stop the upstream responding with a compressed response?

I know how to do this for TPB, having written a *14* line nginx config
to do exactly the same thing, reverse proxying TPB for .. academic
reasons. But you're trying to make money off them, so I don't feel
like sharing. I'll let you figure it out. It's really not difficult.

D47a378412c37c684bd7bf81993a857c?d=identicon&s=25 Tom McLoughlin (Guest)
That's the only upstream I'm aware of that works with proxies.
36a8284995fa0fb82e6aa2bede32adac?d=identicon&s=25 Francis Daly (Guest)
On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 01:36:48PM +0100, Tom McLoughlin wrote:

Hi there,

> subs filter header ignored, this may be a compressed response. while

> My configuration is available at,
> http://p.ngx.cc/d7eacc9934caa82a

There appears to be no configuration there.

If it matters to the question, could you include it in the mail?

That aside: what does the documentation for whatever directive you are
using say about the error message?

Francis Daly        francis@daoine.org
Existing account

No account? Register here.