Forum: GNU Radio convert old Gnu Radio applications

Adb3f7a3251a26ecdd5cbdef07412a0f?d=identicon&s=25 王先达 (Guest)
Hello all
         Now i want to convert old Gnu Radio applications which were
developed in the gnuradio 3.3.0 to the gnuradio 3.7.0.Can someone give
me some advices on this?Any advices will be appreciated.
         Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Xianda Wang
62e152f885746ecd6f9d2e470722bed1?d=identicon&s=25 Dan CaJacob (Guest)
This should get you most of the way:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki...

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob
0817fa933c74eec9b3fcf3a04e16f418?d=identicon&s=25 Sylvain Munaut (Guest)
>          Now i want to convert old Gnu Radio applications which were
> developed in the gnuradio 3.3.0 to the gnuradio 3.7.0.Can someone give me
> some advices on this?Any advices will be appreciated.

For modules : (or custom modules inside apps)

Recreate the modules from scratch using the new layout using gr_modtool.
Then cut & paste the actual processing methods from the old code and
adapt it, one module at a time.

For apps:

See the
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki...
for namespace conversion.

Cheers,

   Sylvain
Adb3f7a3251a26ecdd5cbdef07412a0f?d=identicon&s=25 王先达 (Guest)
Hello Sylvain
                      Thank you very much.
                      But another question i want to ask.Where can i
find the document of function and class which are in the new api?These
document can provide all the meaning of the function and class written
by c++.And the document of api is so obscure that i can't find the
frequently-used function for example the basic function for the transmit
and receive.Now i want to write the basic transmit and receive modules
by c++.And after i written it,which folder i place it?Thank you very
much.
Best regards,
Xianda Wang
D17685d174fee4ca258c75cce7bc2202?d=identicon&s=25 Marcus Müller (Guest)
Hi Xianda Wang,

All the documentation is on gnuradio.org; what you're looking for is
mostly the GNU Radio doxygen, located at
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/index.html

Greetings,
Marcus Müller
D17685d174fee4ca258c75cce7bc2202?d=identicon&s=25 Marcus Müller (Guest)
Hi Xianda Wang,

when replying to a mailing list posting, please always include the list
itself, that increases the use for people.
I can't simply answer your question; software radio development is more
complicated than that.

As I said before, please follow the Tutorials on gnuradio.org to learn
how to write out-of-tree modules. They tell you all the details on how
to develop, save, build and install GNU Radio modules correctly.

Greetings,
Marcus