Forum: GNU Radio Question on incorporate different constellation indexing in gr-digital constellation objects

3c8831e607294351d09f9e9034088512?d=identicon&s=25 Zhe Feng (Guest)
Dear all,

I have a question related to the constellation objects in gr-digital.
After
checking the constellation.cc, I found the constellation of 8PSK and
QPSK
class are all Grey coded. Now I want to use a 8PSK constellation with
natural mapping.

I know I can just modify the constellation indexing of the Grey mapped
8PSK
class. But I don't want to change the 8psk class that gnuradio provided
or
to make a natural mapped 8psk class by copying the 8psk class and just
modifying the indexing. Is there any clean way to get the natural mapped
8psk class I wanted?

Thanks!
Best,
Zhe

> modifying the indexing. Is there any clean way to get the natural mapped
> 8psk class I wanted?
>

> Thanks!
> Best,
> Zhe

Have a read of:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_digital.html

That will explain a bit more about the constellation objects. You are
perfectly safe setting up your own Constellation Object with whatever
constellation and symbol mapping you want.

Tom
Existing account

No account? Register here.