Forum: GNU Radio Question on incorporate different constellation indexing in gr-digital constellation objects

3c8831e607294351d09f9e9034088512?d=identicon&s=25 Zhe Feng (Guest)
Dear all,

I have a question related to the constellation objects in gr-digital.
After
checking the constellation.cc, I found the constellation of 8PSK and
QPSK
class are all Grey coded. Now I want to use a 8PSK constellation with
natural mapping.

I know I can just modify the constellation indexing of the Grey mapped
8PSK
class. But I don't want to change the 8psk class that gnuradio provided
or
to make a natural mapped 8psk class by copying the 8psk class and just
modifying the indexing. Is there any clean way to get the natural mapped
8psk class I wanted?

Thanks!
Best,
Zhe

> modifying the indexing. Is there any clean way to get the natural mapped
> 8psk class I wanted?
>

> Thanks!
> Best,
> Zhe

Have a read of:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_digital.html

That will explain a bit more about the constellation objects. You are
perfectly safe setting up your own Constellation Object with whatever
constellation and symbol mapping you want.

Tom