Forum: IronRuby Organization and repo renames

Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
Hello everyone,
I've renamed the github organization that hosts IronRuby repo on github
to "IronLanguages" and the repo itself to "main".
This name better reflects the fact that the repository also includes
IronPython and DLR sources and is their primary repo as well.

If you have a clone of the main repo the only change you need to do is
to change "git@github.com:ironruby/ironruby.git" to
"git@github.com:IronLanguages/main.git" in .git/config file.

Let me know if you had any problems related to the rename.

PS: Submodules of the main repo for IronRuby, IronPython and DLR can be
created if found useful in future.

Thanks,
Tomas
637f25ef9ecc971bdeeb05c533f36b60?d=identicon&s=25 Andrius Bentkus (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Tomas Matousek <
Tomas.Matousek@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Hello everyone,
>
> Ive renamed the github organization that hosts IronRuby repo on github to
> IronLanguages and the repo itself to main.
>
> This name better reflects the fact that the repository also includes
> IronPython and DLR sources and is their primary repo as well.

But the commits done by the IronPython community will be only synced
once in
a while into github, right?
Will the IronPython community continue to commit on this TFS server?

> PS: Submodules of the main repo for IronRuby, IronPython and DLR can be
> created if found useful in future.

Nice.
68f1bd9e9a7d9d10f0278c6535f700fe?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Letterle (mletterle)
Win.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Tomas Matousek
<Tomas.Matousek@microsoft.com> wrote:
> If you have a clone of the main repo the only change you need to do is to
> created if found useful in future.

Michael Letterle
IronRuby MVP
http://blog.prokrams.com
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
IronPython uses the github repo as a primary repo. I don't think they
will try to keep the TFS repo up to date.

Tomas