Forum: GNU Radio Works better than USB 3.0 SDR devices running some apps ---> Re: GnuRadio/USRP1 application compatib

89a3736d977b263ee891cc38440eff01?d=identicon&s=25 Software RadioUSA (Guest)
Marcus,

Let's find out and compare USB 2.0 SDR devices running certain
applications
versus your USB 3.0 SDR devices ?

No more talking please.

The ASRP1, now to be called, SDR MIMO, will be available next month as
well
too to provide USRP1 applications reliable
SDR environments.  I've had it running OpenBTS for almost 3 months with
ZERO issues!

And it all based off of the deceptive " Open Source Ettus USRP1 " design
too:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GNURadio/comments/23vm9p/g...

Marcus, I keep aquiring USB 3.0 customers who have spent $1000 or better
for SDR equipment that is only working,
MOSTLY, through USB 2.0.

Hence why reliable USB 2.0 SDR equipment shall be coming to town from
here
on in!

www.SoftwareRadio.us

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 17:34:36 +0200
From: Marcus M?ller <marcus@hostalia.de>
To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio/USRP1 application compatible
        HandHeld Wideband 33 Megahertz ? 4.4 Gigahertz Software Defined
Radio

Hi anonymous,

although I feel your mail is kind of bold advertisement, I'm going to
comment on this:

- - Using LibUSRP is a bad choice. It's been outdated *for years*. UHD
is the way to go.
- - Recent GNU Radio (3.7 and 3.6.*) doesn't support libUSRP
- - it'd be nice if you actually mentioned why you post this to *this*
particular mailing list
- - utilizing USB2 instead of 3 is like saying "I'm driving a '99 Fiat
Punto to avoid the well known issues that come with a modern Maserati"

Greetings,
Marcus
Martin,

I wanted to publicly address this kind of behavior that we've talked
about
in the past because I want to make sure everyone recognizes how we try
and
do business here. We really work hard on this mailing list to keep the
discussion civil and technical. Arguments are welcome, but they need to
be
backed up with facts, not ugly insults about individuals and companies.
I'm
directing this mostly at your use of the word "deceptive" when talking
about Ettus Research, but this also goes to your attitude and ugly
insults
to other up-standing members of the GNU Radio community on the Reddit
link
you posted.

I'm going to have to ask you to apologize or I will have to block this
account from further posting on the mailing list.

Regards,
Tom

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Software RadioUSA <
Existing account

No account? Register here.