Forum: Ruby on Rails Asset Pipeline without SCSS?

A47e0a6beeb9d048ff054fc1c3a97418?d=identicon&s=25 Walter Davis (walterdavis)
Is it possible to configure Rails through a .railsrc directive to not
use SCSS, but still use the asset pipeline and Sprockets? I know that I
can rename the files manually, and it does work (the files are
concatenated and minified without issue), but I'd like to skip the
entire renaming part of that process if possible. I've read through the
command-line guide, and the API documentation, but I have not been able
to locate a flag for this preference yet.

Thanks,

Walter
Walter Davis wrote in post #1143688:
> Is it possible to configure Rails through a .railsrc directive to not
> use SCSS, but still use the asset pipeline and Sprockets? I know that I
> can rename the files manually, and it does work (the files are
> concatenated and minified without issue), but I'd like to skip the
> entire renaming part of that process if possible. I've read through the
> command-line guide, and the API documentation, but I have not been able
> to locate a flag for this preference yet.

1. Open Gemfile
2. Comment out:
    gem 'sass-rails', '~> 4.0.3'

Rails generators will no longer create *.css.scss but instead create
*.css files.
On Apr 24, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Robert Walker wrote:

> 2. Comment out:
>    gem 'sass-rails', '~> 4.0.3'
>
> Rails generators will no longer create *.css.scss but instead create
> *.css files.

Thanks, I'll try that in my next app!

Walter