Forum: Ruby on Rails svn+ssh+eclipse/radrails == :-(

7a7777470c11f6c746e3236a1b3aa4db?d=identicon&s=25 steve.enzer (Guest)
Anyone have any luck connecting to a subversion repository over ssh from
radrails or eclipse? I've tried every combination I can think of...
there
has to be a trick. Just when it seems it's going to connect, I get the
following error: network data doesn't match template, expected (, read ï¿¿
(65535)
3d7e63cfdded1786a6526f52478e6ea6?d=identicon&s=25 joemclarke (Guest)
Hello,
  I just put together a svn quick start guide for my customers that
covers this topic. You may download the pdf at:
http://hostingplayground.com/faqs/svn_quickstart.pdf

--
Joe Clarke
railsplayground.com

Some clarifications (underlined)...
Working with RadRails (radrails.org)
Setup your location.
1. Click on Window, then select preferences
2. Click on Team, then SVN
3. Now change the SVN Interface to JavaSVN, then click ok
4. Click on Window, open perspective, then other.
5. Next, select SVN Repository Exploring, Click OK
6. Click on the icon that says SVN+ in the SVN Repository tab in the
left
pane.
7. For the url put:
svn+ssh://yourdomain.com/home/userid/svn/railsapp/trunk
8. Click Browse... to define the root url:
svn+ssh://yourdomain.com/home/userid/svn/railsapp
9. Now type in your ssh user id and password, click Finish, you may be
asked
for
your password again at which time you have are given the option of
saving
this information for future use.  Click OK.
Checkout the project
1. Right click on your location that now appears in the SVN Repository
tab
in the left pane and select checkout as project.
Eea7ad39737b0dbf3de38874e0a6c7d8?d=identicon&s=25 justin (Guest)
Joe Clarke wrote:

> Hello,
>   I just put together a svn quick start guide for my customers that
> covers this topic. You may download the pdf at:
> http://hostingplayground.com/faqs/svn_quickstart.pdf

Thanks very much! Exactly what I need.

   Justin
3d7e63cfdded1786a6526f52478e6ea6?d=identicon&s=25 joemclarke (Guest)
Hello,
  I made it a PDF because I wrote it in word and I didn't have time to
convert it to HTML. However, if you use Mac OS X, opening a PDF is
just as easy as opening a web page.

Anyway, thanks for adding the clarifications,
--
Joe Clarke
railsplayground.com