Forum: NGINX AAAA record for nginx.org ?

0dce47fdaec66e89e874f2951268dca9?d=identicon&s=25 Nick Thomas (Guest)
Hi there,

I recently had cause to (try to) install Nginx from the Debian
repositories hosted at http://nginx.org (i.e.,
http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/debian/dists/wheezy/ ) on a set of
machines which have IPv6-only connectivity. This fails because nginx.org
lacks any AAAA records.

Is there any chance of getting IPv6 connectivity set up for this mirror,
or are there any IPv6-enabled mirrors we could use? If you're looking
for mirrors (I couldn't find any information on a mirroring programme,
mind) then Bytemark would be happy to get involved - we run an
IPv6-capable mirror at http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/

Regards,
--
Nick Thomas
Bytemark Hosting

> Hi there,
>
> I recently had cause to (try to) install Nginx from the Debian
> repositories hosted at http://nginx.org (i.e.,
> http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/debian/dists/wheezy/ ) on a set of
> machines which have IPv6-only connectivity. This fails because nginx.org
> lacks any AAAA records.

Unfortunately our current provider doesnt provide ipv6 connectivity.

> Is there any chance of getting IPv6 connectivity set up for this mirror,
> or are there any IPv6-enabled mirrors we could use? If you're looking
> for mirrors (I couldn't find any information on a mirroring programme,
> mind) then Bytemark would be happy to get involved - we run an
> IPv6-capable mirror at http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/

No, we have not mirrors and at least currently have no problems with
traffic or/and capacity, thank you.

On 25/03/14 11:33, Sergey Budnevitch wrote:

> Unfortunately our current provider doesnt provide ipv6 connectivity.
>
>> Is there any chance of getting IPv6 connectivity set up for this mirror,
>> or are there any IPv6-enabled mirrors we could use? If you're looking
>> for mirrors (I couldn't find any information on a mirroring programme,
>> mind) then Bytemark would be happy to get involved - we run an
>> IPv6-capable mirror at http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/
>
> No, we have not mirrors and at least currently have no problems with traffic
or/and capacity, thank you.

No problem - IPv6-only machines are something of a rarity, at least for
now :). I'll see what else I can do.

/Nick