Forum: NGINX Removing blank location block causes 404 errors

8974424ab9a0e4e4e84a6c3b2ce8db3f?d=identicon&s=25 Howard Fine (drhowarddrfine)
I'm new to nginx and had this in my conf file which I had copied some
time ago but never filled it in and continued building a test page with
images, css and javascript:

location ~*
^.+\.(css|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|gz|svg|svgz|ttf|otf|woff|eot|mp4|ogg|ogv|webm|pdf)$
{
}

Today, I deleted that block and now the images, css and javascript files
are all returned a 404. I don't understand what's going on.
I'm using version 1.5.11
36a8284995fa0fb82e6aa2bede32adac?d=identicon&s=25 Francis Daly (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 04:10:29PM -0400, drhowarddrfine@charter.net
wrote:

Hi there,

> location ~*

^.+\.(css|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|gz|svg|svgz|ttf|otf|woff|eot|mp4|ogg|ogv|webm|pdf)$
> {
> }
>
> Today, I deleted that block and now the images, css and javascript files
> are all returned a 404. I don't understand what's going on.
> I'm using version 1.5.11

What request do you make?

What response do you want to get? ("The contents of *this* file.")

Which location in your new config file is used to process that request?

What config is in that location?

Francis Daly        francis@daoine.org
Existing account

No account? Register here.