Forum: Ruby-Forum.com Understanding the RForum code...

F98e8bbc010d8ff9818c2f46319b86cc?d=identicon&s=25 Dominique Plante (Guest)
on 2005-12-08 22:45
RForum looks really neat!

What would you suggest is the best way for someone new to rails to
understand the RForum code (how things fit together, what parts of the
source tree folder to start reading, what classes to start looking
through etc..)?

Thanks!
Dominique
7aafe7065a4b7ae68e9d0fc4caa87cce?d=identicon&s=25 Kasper bjørn Nielsen (kasper)
on 2005-12-08 23:18
Dominique Plante wrote:
> RForum looks really neat!
>
> What would you suggest is the best way for someone new to rails to
> understand the RForum code (how things fit together, what parts of the
> source tree folder to start reading, what classes to start looking
> through etc..)?
>
> Thanks!
> Dominique

You'll only need to look in the app-folder. In here you have the
controllers, models and views. If you have no idea what those three
words mean, forget about figuring out how this forum works. Instead read
the tutorials available at www.rubyonrails.com

In the public folder, you'll find stuff like images, javascript etc.

- Kasper