Forum: Ruby Can't able to solve load error

1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-03-14 18:02
When I run related MySQL program then I got error like:

/home/jaimin/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in
`require': cannot load such file -- mysql (LoadError)

from
/home/jaimin/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in
`require'
  from jai.rb:2:in `<main>'

I installed rubyGem-2.2.2 and I installed MySQl also.

How can I solve this error?

Kind regards.
E088bb5c80fd3c4fd02c2020cdacbaf0?d=identicon&s=25 Jesús Gabriel y Galán (Guest)
on 2014-03-14 18:11
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
> I installed rubyGem-2.2.2 and I installed MySQl also.
>
> How can I solve this error?

Can you confirm you actually successfully installed the mysql gem?
Can you show the output of this command:

$ gem list | grep mysql

Jesus.
1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-03-14 18:14
Jesús Gabriel y Galán wrote in post #1139866:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>> I installed rubyGem-2.2.2 and I installed MySQl also.
>>
>> How can I solve this error?
>
> Can you confirm you actually successfully installed the mysql gem?
> Can you show the output of this command:
>
> $ gem list | grep mysql


Output of above command is:

tcp      0     0  localhost:mysql     *:*     listen    5342/mysqld



Kind regards.
E088bb5c80fd3c4fd02c2020cdacbaf0?d=identicon&s=25 Jesús Gabriel y Galán (Guest)
on 2014-03-14 18:18
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
>> $ gem list | grep mysql
>
>
> Output of above command is:
>
> tcp      0     0  localhost:mysql     *:*     listen    5342/mysqld
>

Please try again, and don't confuse with netstat !

Jesus.
1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-03-16 13:41
Jesús Gabriel y Galán wrote in post #1139870:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>>> $ gem list | grep mysql
>>
>>
>> Output of above command is:
>>
>> tcp      0     0  localhost:mysql     *:*     listen    5342/mysqld
>>
>
> Please try again, and don't confuse with netstat !
>

Try again means, should I installed MySQL again?

don't confuse with netstat means I am not unserstand what are you want
to say?

Regards.
E088bb5c80fd3c4fd02c2020cdacbaf0?d=identicon&s=25 Jesús Gabriel y Galán (Guest)
on 2014-03-16 18:42
(Received via mailing list)
On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:
>>
>> Please try again, and don't confuse with netstat !
>>
>
> Try again means, should I installed MySQL again?
>
> don't confuse with netstat means I am not unserstand what are you want
> to say?

Yes, sorry, I think the language is a problem here. What I mean is
that you showed before:

>>> tcp      0     0  localhost:mysql     *:*     listen    5342/mysqld

is not the output of what I wrote, it's the output of netstat. I want
you to run this, and show us the result:

gem list | grep mysql

Jesus.
1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-03-17 03:33
Jesús Gabriel y Galán wrote in post #1140056:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please try again, and don't confuse with netstat !
>>>
>>
>> Try again means, should I installed MySQL again?
>>
>> don't confuse with netstat means I am not unserstand what are you want
>> to say?
>
> Yes, sorry, I think the language is a problem here. What I mean is
> that you showed before:
>
>>>> tcp      0     0  localhost:mysql     *:*     listen    5342/mysqld
>
> is not the output of what I wrote, it's the output of netstat.

Yes, I understand that. It is output of netstat.
>
> gem list | grep mysql
>

When I run above command then output is not display. Cursor shift to
second line like following:

jaimin@ubuntu:~$ gem list | grep mysql
jaimin@ubuntu:~$

Kind regards.
Bee69cfed999cd13e3bff73d472a39ee?d=identicon&s=25 Hassan Schroeder (Guest)
on 2014-03-17 03:44
(Received via mailing list)
On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

>> gem list | grep mysql
>>
>
> When I run above command then output is not display. Cursor shift to
> second line like following:
>
> jaimin@ubuntu:~$ gem list | grep mysql
> jaimin@ubuntu:~$

So what are the individual parts of that command doing, and what
should the output, or lack of output, of that command tell us?
1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-03-17 03:56
Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1140105:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> gem list | grep mysql
>>>
>>
>> When I run above command then output is not display. Cursor shift to
>> second line like following:
>>
>> jaimin@ubuntu:~$ gem list | grep mysql
>> jaimin@ubuntu:~$
>
> So what are the individual parts of that command doing, and what
> should the output, or lack of output, of that command tell us?

In that command:

[1] gem list: When I will run this command then It will load locally
installed gem. So I can see which gems are installed.

[2] grep mysql: used for searching the contents of files for information
that matches particular criteria.

Kind regards.
1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-03-17 09:00
Jaimin Pandya wrote in post #1140108:
> Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1140105:
>> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
>> wrote:

 Output of this command (gem list | grep mysql) display like following:

The program 'gem' can be found in the following packages:
 * ruby1.9.1
 * rubygems
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>

Is it correct output? If yes what should I do?

Thank you.
3df767279ce7d81db0a5bb30f5136863?d=identicon&s=25 Matthew Kerwin (mattyk)
on 2014-03-17 09:10
(Received via mailing list)
>
Bee69cfed999cd13e3bff73d472a39ee?d=identicon&s=25 Hassan Schroeder (Guest)
on 2014-03-17 16:38
(Received via mailing list)
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Jaimin Pandya <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

>  Output of this command (gem list | grep mysql) display like following:
>
> The program 'gem' can be found in the following packages:
>  * ruby1.9.1
>  * rubygems
> Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
>
> Is it correct output? If yes what should I do?

SMH. Does that *look* like the "correct output" of the command I
asked you to explain? Hint: did it list the gems on your computer?

What you should do is learn how to set up a computer properly with
the version of Ruby and RubyGems you want, *in your path*, and
then learn how to install gems in general.

Trying to code before that's done is simply pointless.
1eb28f3c91b0a7b8bfb1a72cfa8befaa?d=identicon&s=25 Jaimin Pandya (jaimin)
on 2014-04-08 18:18
Hassan Schroeder wrote in post #1140159:

>
> SMH. Does that *look* like the "correct output" of the command I
> asked you to explain? Hint: did it list the gems on your computer?
>
> What you should do is learn how to set up a computer properly with
> the version of Ruby and RubyGems you want, *in your path*, and
> then learn how to install gems in general.
>
> Trying to code before that's done is simply pointless.

Thanks for your advise. I got answer.

Kind regards.
Please log in before posting. Registration is free and takes only a minute.
Existing account

NEW: Do you have a Google/GoogleMail, Yahoo or Facebook account? No registration required!
Log in with Google account | Log in with Yahoo account | Log in with Facebook account
No account? Register here.