Forum: Ruby on Rails Including assets in rails templates

Ea905398d356c5d6a10bba35b8d16f0c?d=identicon&s=25 Lovell Mcilwain (lmcilwain)
Hello all,

I am working on building my very first rails template to be used for
creating future applications. I am curious about how I can include
assets
(css, js, and images) to my template. The idea is to have my generated
apps
look uniform as they are initially generated.

If someone could explain this to me or point me to some good
documentation
that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
F50d3b02eee623a2172b58c09fe31c2c?d=identicon&s=25 mike2r (Guest)
On Friday, March 14, 2014 8:52:58 AM UTC-4, Vell wrote:

> Thanks in advance.

Yes.  First, there is an edge guide for this although it isn't listed in
the guides index, but it's there at the following link:

http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/rails_applicatio...

This covers the basics of application templates, but it doesn't really
cover Thor actions, it does mention them in Section 3 (the rails
template
engine uses thor).  There's a blog posting that covers it pretty well at
the following link:

http://technology.stitchfix.com/blog/2014/01/06/ra...