Forum: Ruby on Rails redirect_to shows an empty page

14b7344777a56ac9a1fad849f5d6da2a?d=identicon&s=25 sayoyo (Guest)

I have a little problem with "redirect_to", I use in
on a login
procedure, but it always shows an empty page....

class AdminController < ApplicationController

   def index
        #do somthing
   end

  def login
   one user = checkUser
    if ( oneUser != nil ) then
        flash[:notice] = "Welcome " + oneUser.name
        session[:user_id] = oneUser.id
        if (oneUser.user_type == User::UserType_Admin)
 then
                redirect_to({:controller => "admin",
:action => "index"})
        else
                redirect_to(:controller =>
"mainframe", :action => "index")

if it redirects to "mainframe" (another controller) I
can see
everything, but if it redirects to the same controller
"admin", I
always got an empty page!!!!

does any one know what is happening????

thanks you very much

Saiho

>    end
>         else
> "admin", I
> always got an empty page!!!!
>
> does any one know what is happening????

do you have anything in your index view for the admin controller?