Forum: Ruby on Rails [OT] Any one running SVN on Lighttpd?

Ddc850a63a423c3ff963bdf3a097652f?d=identicon&s=25 ldk2005 (Guest)
Sorry for the of topic post.  But, I've noticed that FreeBSD and Lightpd
seem to be popular with the RoR crowd. So this seemd like the best place
get a quick, answer.

I'm setting up a FreeBSD dev box for RoR.  I'd like to have SVN and
lighttpd
on it. Is anyone running SVN on lighttpd? Is it possible?

--
Best Regards,
-Larry
> I'm setting up a FreeBSD dev box for RoR.  I'd like to have SVN and lighttpd
> on it. Is anyone running SVN on lighttpd? Is it possible?

Subversion is integrated heavily with Apache 2, and -- to my knowledge
-- there is no module that allows you to directly host a Subversion
repository through lighty. If you want to serve your Subversion
repository via HTTP, then it has to go through Apache.

However, theres no reason you couldn't set up an Apche instance to run
on a port other than 80, and then use lighty's proxy module to forward
requests for your Subversion repository on to the Apache server.

--
Regards,
John Wilger

> Sorry for the of topic post.  But, I've noticed that FreeBSD and Lightpd
> seem to be popular with the RoR crowd. So this seemd like the best place to
> get a quick, answer.
>
> I'm setting up a FreeBSD dev box for RoR.  I'd like to have SVN and lighttpd
> on it. Is anyone running SVN on lighttpd? Is it possible?

Impossible as far as I know.  There is no mod_svn for lighttpd
unfortunately.

--
rick
http://techno-weenie.net