Forum: Inkscape size a box object according to the size of another box object

E6e082684300e4fbd9c7d70860142651?d=identicon&s=25 David (Guest)
Dear list,

I have some four boxes on my canvas and would like to resize three of
them to the dimension of the fourth.

I was unable to find a tutorial or other instructions to achieve this,
can someone help me out with a link or word?

Thank you!

David
846f48c150e07289e5e7578bc0a0f55c?d=identicon&s=25 Gary Hawkins (Guest)
I tend to just click the box I want to size to
note the size in the H and W boxes on the toolbar
then select the next box, type those numbers into the boxes (you have to
watch as sometime typing a number will mean it jumps to the nearest so
25
might be 25.786 or 24.967 or such)
select the next box and repeat until all are the same size.

not sure there is a way to do it "automatically" with all the boxes at
once.

Gaz
Aefd46e73e6b7449c5ce1ce0156797d2?d=identicon&s=25 su_v (Guest)
On 2014-03-07 20:22 +0100, David wrote:
> I have some four boxes on my canvas and would like to resize three of
> them to the dimension of the fourth.
>
> I was unable to find a tutorial or other instructions to achieve this,
> can someone help me out with a link or word?

Maybe this helps:
<http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Trans...

Regards, V
352dad7f68ab2a8af9b69f75997aee11?d=identicon&s=25 Lars Behrens (Guest)
Am 08.03.2014 06:27, schrieb su_v:

<http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Trans...

Whew, I didn't know that one, great!

Cheerz,
Lars
8957bd1143d1cac9f587d9ed0ccd827f?d=identicon&s=25 Guiu Rocafort (Guest)
I was wondering if this can be used to make a square the same size as
the document. It would be very useful to change the background colour
of a document, which i tend to do very often.

7f6f9e75239bfcc5bfb41014e9dc9a26?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Owens (Guest)
On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 16:15 +0100, Guiu Rocafort wrote:
> I was wondering if this can be used to make a square the same size as
> the document. It would be very useful to change the background colour
> of a document, which i tend to do very often.

The background colour is hidden in the document properties. It's not a
great placement for it IMO, I constantly struggle to set the page's size
and colour.

Martin,
C8c7c0354ccd194fe57e45c8720b78a1?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Crutch (Guest)
If you just want to change the page colour while you're editing then
Martin's answer is right.

If you genuinely want a coloured rectangle the size of the page, the
best
approach I've found is to use Edit > Guides Around Page, and then to
draw a
rectangle with snap to guides enabled.

Mark
57caf4231f0a1fb65e5ff67aba784542?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Tooley (Guest)
Another way (which is what I usually do) is to just create a rectangle
with
the same dimensions as the page and set the X and Y coordinates to 0.
Existing account

No account? Register here.