Forum: JRuby Disable mvn from new downloads?

27a9bc4f8b6268a797e79c6c73ed59d5?d=identicon&s=25 Richard S. (secristr)
on 2014-03-05 01:10
How does one stop mvn from downloading new files from the net when
attempting to rebuild JRuby?  New downloads introduce new issues, and I
need to work one issue at a time.  I've tried mvn -o, -nsu,
-Dmaven.repo.local=localrepo but still the downloads are attempted!

Thanks!
rcs
B05d3cbc64b0031a24c2887fb6ddc173?d=identicon&s=25 christian (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Richard S. <lists@ruby-forum.com>
wrote:

> mvn -o

should not download any artifacts, if there is some donwload please post
gist so I can see what maven downloads on your side.

beside that maven might update some metadata it does not use "new" files
unless there are some snapshot artifacts which did change since they got
downloaded the last time.

there are some jnr and jffi metadata downloads which come due to the
fact
that on maven central there is a version which has them as snapshot
dependency - I could not find a way to prevent this. but that happens
ones
a day and the download is just metadata for maven and play no further
role
in the build since newer (non-snapshot) versions of the respective
artifacts are in use.

hope that helps a little ;)

-christian
27a9bc4f8b6268a797e79c6c73ed59d5?d=identicon&s=25 Richard S. (secristr)
on 2014-03-05 17:26
Thanks Christian!  I did not understand what was going on with the
metadata updates and it concerned me.  I appreciate the help!

Regards,
rcs

christian wrote in post #1138847:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Richard S. <lists@ruby-forum.com>