Forum: JRuby mvn - tesla plugin pom errors?

Caa2df9372ffa0a9e95b2bab1e8fea34?d=identicon&s=25 Karol Bucek (Guest)
Hey! After some I'm trying to build JRuby (9000 - master) locally on a
Linux box ...

I seem to be getting not parseable pom's for the
tesla-polyglot-maven-plugin ... tried deleting and re-downloading but
it's
kind of the same, anyone ?

https://gist.github.com/kares/f0b363d94ff45ea844f5

mvn 3.2.1 - gave a quick try with 3.0.5 and got the same ...

THX, K.
B05d3cbc64b0031a24c2887fb6ddc173?d=identicon&s=25 christian (Guest)
from the error in the gist it looks like the pom is html file.

if I go to
http://central.maven.org/maven2/io/tesla/polyglot/...
is shows a valid xml and has not tags meta or head

I am a bit irritated by

http://repository.codehaus.org

not sure where this comes from - at least we do not use it (anymore). do
you have a profile active in $HOME/.m2/settings.xml ?

- christian
Caa2df9372ffa0a9e95b2bab1e8fea34?d=identicon&s=25 Karol Bucek (Guest)
thanks - yes I had ... disabled and it went better ,,, I still use
codehaus
for jruby-rack releases, so for jruby maven releases it's no longer used
than ?

the latest release bubbled up
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.jruby...
I guess it's still somehow working fine ...

K.
B05d3cbc64b0031a24c2887fb6ddc173?d=identicon&s=25 christian (Guest)
yes, we switch everything to oss.sonatype.org for jruby and dependent
artifacts. mainly to keep things consistence and it is easy to setup.

I am using jruby-rack-1.1.14 since two or three days.

BTW jruby-rack-1.1.14 has a dependency to jruby-complete-1.6.8 which bit
me.
Caa2df9372ffa0a9e95b2bab1e8fea34?d=identicon&s=25 Karol Bucek (Guest)
yep, the pom part has - I did not want to upgrade to depend on latest
for
now ... 1.1 is actually fine to work with all 1.6.x

should not matter (for Trinidad/Warbler) unless of course you're
building
from mvn :) is that an issue (for you) ? feel free to report if you want
me
to so smt about it.

the next release will be JRuby 1.7+ only ... hopefully will happen
rather
sooner than later, although no promises so far.

I'll probably need assistance from you guys to be able to release with
sonatype, right ?

thanks, K.
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Karol Bucek <self@kares.org> wrote:

> yep, the pom part has - I did not want to upgrade to depend on latest for
> now ... 1.1 is actually fine to work with all 1.6.x
>
> should not matter (for Trinidad/Warbler) unless of course you're building
> from mvn :) is that an issue (for you) ?

actually it is not an issue, I first run into strange snakeyaml method
not
found errors, but just exclude the dep from jruby-rack. BTW with
jruby-rack
it is kind of trivial to pack a warfile for a rack application ;)

> feel free to report if you want me to so smt about it.
>
> the next release will be JRuby 1.7+ only ... hopefully will happen rather
> sooner than later, although no promises so far.
>
> I'll probably need assistance from you guys to be able to release with
> sonatype, right ?

I will prepare a little PR so you can use it whenever needed. for the
deploy permissions you need to ask @headius and @enebo
Caa2df9372ffa0a9e95b2bab1e8fea34?d=identicon&s=25 Karol Bucek (Guest)
thanks again, it's fine with me :) ... assuming it works. but if you do
there's a 1.1-stable branch, master should get a refactoring using tesla
polyglot hopefully :)

I mostly only worried about codehaus.org infrastructure going completely
into the void ... hopefully it stays yet for a while around maven's.

K.
Existing account

No account? Register here.