Forum: Ruby on Rails Action mailer + smtp.gmail.com = timeout

Ff1d1e769cd73a9d1b90e80768f8ff43?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
I'm using google's smtp server for sending mail using action mailer.
This
is my mailer config

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp

> ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = true
> ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true

I'm behind a firewall and I'm able to connect using `telnet
smtp.gmail.com
587 `
When I try to send mail using action mailer at times the mails are sent
but
most of the times I end up with timeout.
#<Net::OpenTimeout: execution expired>

Please Help
- Vignesh